Good financial planning for major purchases or expenses is always the right call, but for some of those big costs everyone runs into sometimes, it’s never too early to start planning and saving.
That’s why we offer the First Step Starter Share Certificate Account. Perfect if you’re looking to start a savings plan for your child, or for anyone who has never entered into a share certificate before, these certificates allow you to make your savings work harder. With a low initial deposit, you can invest into a Share Certificate that begins to grow and accumulate interest as soon as you enter into the certificate. These First Step certificates are perfect for short-term investing, allowing you to watch your certificate mature in less than two years.
Our First Step Certificate is a 20-month Share Certificate with a low opening deposit requirement of only $25. Total deposits are limited to $1,000. Upon maturity, the Share Certificate is either converted to a different share certificate, or to a regular share savings account. Here’s how it works:
- $25 opening deposit, with total deposits limited to $1,000
- Annual Percentage Yield equal to 24-Month Share Certificate Rate
- Matures after 20-months (with $50 average monthly deposit, you’ll have $1,000)
- Dividends are compounded daily, paid monthly, and can be withdrawn any time after posting
- Certain restrictions apply