You work hard for your money, but there’s someone else also working hard for that money too. Hackers, fraudsters, scammers, criminals - whatever name you want to give them, they’re out there and they’re reaching into more than just your cookie jar. What they don’t know is there are others working hard for your money. Us. Our U.S. Eagle Fraud Prevention staff can help you combat fraudulent activity, identify their schemes and tactics, and keep your paycheck where it belongs.
Our news and tips can help everyone in the fight against fraud. Use our resources and information to help prevent fraud. If you have any questions concerning fraud or think you may be a victim or fraud, call U.S. Eagle’s Fraud Prevention Department at (505) 342-8871. General Tips to protect yourself against fraud
- Never give out your account information (login information), especially to people you meet online. If it seems to good to be true, it's probably because it is.
- Never give out personal or financial information over the phone.
- Never carry your Social Security Number in your wallet.
- Treat unsolicited emails (called "phishing") the same way you treat junk mail. Delete it, don't open the email, and NEVER click on to a direct web link.
- Protect yourself on social media and dating websites. Do not give out any of your personal or account information to anyone you meet online.
- Buy a shredder and use it. Shred everything, including credit card receipts (after you've reconciled your bill), old bank statements, medical statements, everyday bills, and pre-approved credit card offers. Shred any document that has personal or financial information on it.
- Monitor your credit accounts carefully so you’ll know if a bills missing or unauthorized purchases have been made. Close out unused credit cards. Cutting them up is not enough.
- Get a credit report at least once a year and clean up any errors. Look for personal information and credit accounts that are not yours.
- Never leave paid bills in your mailbox for the mail carrier to pick up. Drop them off at a post office box.
- Report any lost or stolen credit or debit cards immediately. Use CardHero® to instantly turn off your debit card if lost, misplaced, or stolen.
- VISA DEBIT CARD LOST/STOLEN - 1-800-528-2273
- VISA CREDIT CARD LOST/STOLEN - 1-800-442-4757