Did you know your credit union wants to help you stay on top of your finances through fresh financial content? Make sure you stop by and check out what’s on the blog – new tips every month! Also, don't forget to connect with us on social media! This Eagle tweets, posts, and snaps and we want to hear from our members. Use the hashtag #USEagle on any of your posts and you could be featured on our blog or social media pages. Tweet a picture of you and your new wheels, a purchase you made using your U.S. Eagle credit card, or with your favorite U.S. Eagle staff member.
U.S. Eagle in the Community
Giving back to the community is one way U.S. Eagle exhibits the credit union difference. We do our best to emulate the credit union philosophy of "People Helping People".
Here are our community service initiatives for the month of August:
- Packaging Food: Every other week, employees from different branches and departments head to Rio Grande Food Project to help package food for those who may not know where their next meal will come from. Rio Grande Food Project provides food and emergency support to working families, seniors, and people in need. Our employees spend their morning packaging beans, veggies, rice, and more for those in need.
- Popcorn Sales: U.S. Eagle sells popcorn throughout the year with proceeds benefiting a local nonprofit organization. This month, members and nonmembers can purchase popcorn from our tellers for $2.50 with all proceeds going to the Alzheimer's Association New Mexico Chapter. Popcorn flavors include cheese, green chile cheese, cherry, green apple, and caramel. Treat your sweet tooth all for a good cause!
- School Supply Drive: Access to books, backpacks or the materials needed to learn is a challenge for New Mexican children and their families. U.S. Eagle is dedicated to helping those in need and are again hosting an in-branch school supply drive. In all our branches, members and non members can donate school-related goods or cash to helps students at La Luz Elementary and El Camino Real in Albuquerque, Adelante in Santa Fe, and Farmington Public Schools. These donations will go directly to the students in need.
- Blue Star Mothers Supply Drive: U.S. Eagle supports Rio Grande Valley Blue Star Mothers by hosting supply drives at our branches. Drives collect much needed supplies to send to our troops overseas. Supplies include: toothbrushes, shaving cream, packaged snacks, and of course, green chile! Make a soldier's day, drop off some supplies at any of our branches.
- Meals on Wheels: Every week, a pair of U.S. Eagle employees come together to deliver meals to residents around Albuquerque. They meet at the Meals on Wheels headquarters, pick up warm meals, and hit the road to ensure the meals are delivered. Our employees knock on the door and provide a delicious meal to someone in need. Recipients are thankful and look forward to seeing a friendly face. Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque is the only home delivered meal program in our area supporting special diets. They provide service to anyone of any age.
- Casa Esperanza: Twice a month, U.S. Eagle employees come together to plan, purchase food, and prepare a meal for residents at Casa Esperanza. Employees meet at Casa Esperanza, cook, and mingle with residents as residents enjoy a home-cooked meal. Casa Esperanza provides appropriate housing and emotional support for patients and their families who are temporarily residing in Albuquerque while the patient receives treatment. A delicious meal and friendly conversation could be just what someone needs while enduring a difficult season.
These are just a few examples of what your credit union does to help our community. When you buy a bag of green apple popcorn, donate a can of hatch green chile, provide colored pencils, or make a monetary donation, you're helping someone else in our community. Thank you to everyone who make these opportunities for us to help possible.