5 Financial Wellness Tips
Here are five tips to help you become financially empowered.
- Cut monthly expenses. Start tracking where you spend your money. Is a latte every other day worth the $75 monthly expense? If you want to save more, consider your spending habits and determine your wants vs. needs.
- Set financial goals. Write down your financial goals! Writing down these goals will hold you accountable and give you something to work towards. Setting a financial goal will ensure you get what you want in life and help you save money. Don’t forget to set a timeline!
- Emergency savings. If you haven’t already started an emergency savings account, don’t wait any longer. We all get hit with surprise costs from time to time. Ensure you are prepared so you don’t have to drain your savings account.
- Match your employer. Earn more on your 401(k). If your employer offers to match your 401(k) contribution, take advantage of this benefit. Earn more for your retirement!
- Treat yourself. Saving money doesn’t have to be a chore. Although it might be difficult, don’t forget to do something nice for yourself. Just don’t blow your budget.
Click here for more information on financial wellness and free financial counseling using BALANCE Financial Fitness Program!