Did you know your credit union wants to help you stay on top of your finances through fresh financial content? Make sure you stop by and check out what’s on the blog – new tips every month! Also, don't forget to connect with us on social media! This Eagle tweets, posts, and snaps and we want to hear from our members. Use the hashtag #USEagle on any of your posts and you could be featured on our blog or social media pages. Tweet a picture of you and your new wheels, a purchase you made using your U.S. Eagle credit card, or with your favorite U.S. Eagle staff member.
5 Financial Wellness Tips
Here are five tips to help you become financially empowered.
- Cut monthly expenses. Start tracking where you spend your money. Is a latte every other day worth the $75 monthly expense? If you want to save more, consider your spending habits and determine your wants vs. needs.
- Set financial goals. Write down your financial goals! Writing down these goals will hold you accountable and give you something to work towards. Setting a financial goal will ensure you get what you want in life and help you save money. Don’t forget to set a timeline!
- Emergency savings. If you haven’t already started an emergency savings account, don’t wait any longer. We all get hit with surprise costs from time to time. Ensure you are prepared so you don’t have to drain your savings account.
- Match your employer. Earn more on your 401(k). If your employer offers to match your 401(k) contribution, take advantage of this benefit. Earn more for your retirement!
- Treat yourself. Saving money doesn’t have to be a chore. Although it might be difficult, don’t forget to do something nice for yourself. Just don’t blow your budget.
Click here for more information on financial wellness and free financial counseling using BALANCE Financial Fitness Program!