U.S. Eagle is Celebrating International Credit Union Day on October 17th!
On October 17th, your credit union family will join more than 57,000 other credit unions around the world to celebrate International Credit Union Day! This year’s theme is Local Service. Global reach.
Since 1948, International Credit Union Day has been celebrated annually on the third Thursday of October. The day allows all of us the opportunity to reflect upon the credit union history and promote awareness of and support for the credit union difference.
For us, and many of our credit union friends, this day is a time to share and celebrate our members and our mission to provide financial support and guidance through the 7 cooperative principles, which are:
- Democratic Control - one member = One vote. Whether you have $5 or $5 million, your voice is equal and most importantly, heard.
- Open and Voluntary Membership – members are connected by a bond of association, fostering a sense of community.
- Member Economic Participation – members are owners. The more people that participate, the more that can be given back in the form of more products, lower loan rates, higher savings rates, and fewer fees.
- Autonomy and Independence – cooperatives are owned by members, not shareholders, which makes each member the boss.
- Financial education, training and information – From budgeting basics to retirement planning and how credit works, credit unions are committed to providing financial education to their members.
- Cooperation among Cooperatives – working together, financial cooperatives are there when you need them. Credit Union provide more ATM’s than the world’s largest bank.
- Concern for the Community – credit unions are passionate about serving their members and making an impact in the communities we serve.
Join us on October 17th to celebrate International Credit Union Day with us!
Celebrations will take place from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the following locations:
- Tennessee branch – 2608 Tennessee St. NE
- Coors branch – 5201 Antequera NW, 87120
- Santa Fe branch – 559 W Cordova Rd, 87505
- San Juan College – 4601 College Blvd., 87402
Food, fun and Financial Wellness will be provided as we commemorate the rich history of credit unions. We’ll also take this opportunity to thank you for being a member of U.S. Eagle Federal Credit Union!
Sound like an event you can’t miss? Let us know you’re interested or plan to attend by visiting our Facebook Event page We look forward to celebrating with you!