Welcome to the U.S. Eagle Federal Credit Union (The Eagle) Free Internet Hotspot enabled by The Eagle’s wireless local area network. This Hotspot is provided to you free of charge, subject to the following Terms & Conditions.
Under these Terms & Conditions, any reference to "you" or "your" includes but is not limited to the owner and authorized user of the computer or mobile device used to access this Hotspot. You are responsible for providing your own computer or mobile device (wireless enabled device) that is capable of accessing a Hotspot with its own power source. The Eagle provides no power, information technology advice or assistance to any Hotspot user.
You must not access or use this Hotspot unless you agree to accept these Terms & Conditions without limitation. Each time you access and use the Hotspot, you should carefully review these Terms & Conditions. The Eagle may at any time revise these Terms & Conditions
Speed and Reliability of the Hotspot
The Eagle uses reasonable means to provide you with a reliable, stable and secure access to the Hotspot but does not promise that access will be continuous, fault-free, secure or accessible at all times. The Eagle advises that Hotspot access is not suitable for supporting any application or use which requires continuous, fault-free network connectivity or uninterrupted data traffic flow. Without limiting any other provision of these Terms & Conditions, The Eagle is not liable if Hotspot access becomes unstable, un-secured, slow or unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
The Eagle also uses reasonable means to monitor and attend to any Hotspot faults, malfunctions or other problems associated with Hotspot access but is not liable if such faults, malfunctions or problems occur with the Hotspot and shall not be obligated to rectify any such faults, malfunctions or problems associated with the Hotspot at any time.
Logging In/Out of the Hotspot.
To be eligible to use this Hotspot, you simply need to access it with your wireless enabled device and agree to accept these Terms & Conditions. You are not required to purchase any item or pay any fee to access the Hotspot. You will automatically be logged-out of the Hotspot, if:
- your access to the Hotspot is terminated by The Eagle in accordance with these Terms & Conditions
- the wireless connection of the Hotspot you are accessing is lost, disconnected or becomes out of range
- no activity is detected from your wireless enabled device for ten (10) continuous minutes
- if you leave the Hotspot
If you are automatically logged-out of the Hotspot, you will need to log-in again to regain Hotspot access. The Eagle cannot guarantee that you will be able to immediately log back in to the Hotspot if you are automatically logged out.
User Obligations and Limitations
The Hotspot is intended to be used in a fair and "community-minded" manner. To this end, The Eagle may, in its absolute and sole discretion, limit or block access while you use the Hotspot. The Eagle may block or limit access to websites and/or content that it considers not "family friendly," or which may bring negative exposure or harm to The Eagle's reputation and/or brand. This includes but is not limited to websites and/or content that:
- could cause The Eagle to be in breach of any law, code or instrument which governs its conduct or to incur a liability to any third person or entity
- could interfere with the integrity and/or performance of the Hotpot or The Eagle's other networks or equipment
- depicts, alludes to or promotes offensive or illegal behavior
- is offensive or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or which may contain links to adult websites
- promotes conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of copyrighted work (including but not limited to file sharing applications such as Limewire, eDonkey, Napster or any other Bit-Torrent or peer to peer applications)
- involves sending "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging or "spamming"
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses
- contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, modify, delete, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information
- uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other inappropriate, misleading or deceptive content.
The Eagle also may immediately terminate and block your access to the Hotspot if you access or use it in contravention of these Terms & Conditions, attempt to manipulate or bypass any limitations of the Hotspot by any means or behave in a vexatious, illegal or inappropriate manner (whether in a branch or as a user of the Hotspot). Access to and use of websites and/or content also is subject to such websites and/or content passing through the firewalls, anti-virus and other managed security systems prior to the Internet pages being delivered to your wireless enabled device, and which are determined and set in The Eagle's sole discretion.
The Internet is an inherently insecure communication medium. The Eagle will reasonably endeavor to provide secure access through this Hotspot, but cannot guarantee its security at all times. You are solely responsible for any information or data uploaded, downloaded or otherwise communicated via the Hotspot and you are responsible for keeping all usernames, passwords and other security-based information secure and private at all times.
The Eagle shall not, in any way, be liable to you for any kind of loss or damage incurred as a result of your use of the Hotspot, including but not limited to any viruses you may become subject to during your use of the Hotspot. The Eagle strongly recommends you install a personal firewall on your wireless enabled device to block unwanted traffic or downloads to your device.
Limitation of Liability
Your access to and use of this Hotspot is at your own risk. The Eagle makes no warranties or representations as to the accessibility, security, stability or reliability of this Hotspot and The Eagle specifically disclaims any liability or responsibility for any Hotspot faults, failures or interruptions or the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, security or reliability of any communications (including, without limitation, any transactions) made using the Hotspot.
Neither The Eagle nor any other party involved in delivering the Hotspot is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, or inability to use or access, the Hotspot for any reason, even if The Eagle has been notified or advised of the possibility of such damages.
The Eagle assumes no responsibility, and makes no warranty or representation in relation to, and shall not be liable in respect of your use of any third party proprietary software.
The Eagle assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damage to, or viruses that may infect your computer or mobile device or other property on account of your access to or use of the Hotspot.
The Eagle is not responsible for the content of any website accessed or used via the Hotspot. Your access to and use of any website or network connection while using the Hotspot is entirely at your own risk.
You agree to indemnify and must defend and hold harmless, The Eagle and its personnel, from and against all loss, damage, claim, liability, charge, expense or cost (including all reasonable legal and other professional costs on a full indemnity basis) of any nature or kind arising from your breach of any of these Terms & Conditions.