URCovered - No Overdraft Fees!
- Mistakes happen and we feel you shouldn’t be penalized for it.
- We won't charge an overdraft fee.
- URCovered protects against overdrafts - even at ATMs.
Cashback Debit Card
- Cashback isn't just for credit cards anymore.
- Unlimited cashback of any signature-based purchase using your US Eagle CashBack Debit Card.*
- Learn more by visiting CashBackDebit.org
US Eagle Early PayDay – Get Your Paycheck Early!
- Allows you to get your paycheck up to two days earlier.
- Deposit your paycheck directly into your checking account with no additional fee.
- Download our direct deposit form to get started.
Anywhere Banking Tools - With Free Zelle®
- Send money to anyone with Zelle®
- Free 24/7 online banking, bill pay, mobile banking and debit card
- Free access to your checking account at over 30,000 CUAnytime® Network ATMs, and access at every US Eagle location
- CardHero® (use your credit union mobile app to turn-off your debit card if lost or stolen)
Shop Local, Save Local With Your Perks® Mobile App
- Local discounts and national retailer deals to save you money on shopping, dining, travel and more through our savings app
- All on your mobile app with no coupons to clip. Get started with our coupon app instructional video
Mobile Phone Protection
- Receive up to $600 per claim ($1,200 per year) if your cell phone is broken or stolen when your cell service is paid through your US Eagle checking account
ID Theft Aid
- Credit Monitoring
- Your credit report is monitored for suspicious activity
- Credit Report & Score
- Get a free quarterly credit union credit report and updated credit score
- Identity Monitoring
- Monitors your personal information for suspicious activity
- Identity Restoration & Payment Card Fraud Resolution
- Receive expert help on fraud resolution & identity theft resolution if you become a victim of identity theft or financial fraud
- $10,000 Personal Identity Theft Benefit
- Free roadside assistance available 24/7, up to $80 in covered service charges
$25,000 Accidental Death Coverage
- Accidental death policy available through our credit union insurance programs to provide peace of mind for the unexpected
Health Savings Card
- Use your health savings card and save money on prescriptions, eye exams, frames, lenses and hearing services all through your Perks® mobile app
Buyer’s Protection And Extended Warranty Programs
- For the first 180 days after purchase of new items, including electronics and other consumer goods, using your US Eagle checking account:
- Up to $2,500 protection per item for theft or accidental breakage
Great Dividends On Your Checking Balance
- Our best checking account dividend rate based on deposit tier.
Free Credit Union e-Statements
- There shouldn’t be a fee for being Earth-friendly.
- No fee for selecting paperless statements.
Maintain an average daily balance for the month of $5,000 and we’ll waive the $9 monthly fee.
Perks Plus Checking FAQs
What is a rewards checking account?
Rewards checking accounts are a type of checking account that provides benefits above and beyond the typical features of a checking account. In addition to helping you manage your money and pay for normal daily purchases or expenses, our rewards accounts can include bonuses like roadside assistance, mobile phone repair, and savings on local businesses and restaurants! In addition, cashback rewards may be available depending on your existing balance.
Is there a fee to maintain a rewards checking account?
What rewards are available with a PerksPlus checking account?
US Eagle PerksPlus accounts offer a number of rewards, including:
- Roadside Assistance
- Health Savings Card
- Identity theft protection & recovery aid
- Cell phone protection
- Free direct deposit
- No overdraft fees
- Perks® Mobile App, offering discounts and deals at local businesses and restaurants
and more! Being a US Eagle member offers benefits above and beyond your typical banking offerings.
Is a rewards checking account right for me?
Rewards checking accounts are ideal for anyone who needs the flexibility of a checking account, but wants more out of the experience. Our benefits and rewards are available to any member of US Eagle, and the rewards can help you stretch your money even farther when it comes to everyday needs.
Additionally, if you are able to maintain a minimum average balance of $5,000 in your checking account per month, you can qualify to start receiving dividends on your account to help your finances grow above and beyond your regular deposits.
How do I qualify for a US Eagle dividends checking account?
Membership to US Eagle is available to anyone, whether or not you’re a resident of New Mexico! To open a Perks® Plus checking account, an initial $5 share account must be opened, as well as an initial $25 deposit placed into the account itself. A $9 monthly fee may be charged to your account unless the average daily balance is over $5000 per month. Otherwise, you’re free to use your Perks® Plus account for everyday expenses like a standard checking account, and watch as your rewards and cashback build up over time!
What are the current rates for your dividend checking accounts?
To view the current dividend & interest rates for our rewards checking accounts, visit our current rates page.
When are my dividends paid?
The dividends on your checking account are paid out quarterly. These payouts require you to maintain a minimum $5,000 balance in your account, as well as specific terms of usage.
Must qualify for US Eagle membership including $5 share deposit. $25 minimum deposit required to open checking account. $3 monthly fee for Life Essentials® Checking (waived if you elect to use e-statements). $6 monthly fee for Perks® Checking. $9 monthly fee for Perks® Plus Checking (waived by maintaining a minimum monthly average balance of $5,000 or more).
URCovered US Eagle Checking members automatically enrolled in URCovered service after 90 days of membership. URCovered Limits: $500 after 90 days of membership; $1000 after five years of membership for members in good standing. No fee for URCovered service or per overdraft. Member requirement to bring account current within 45 days. Not applicable to all checking products. URCovered service requires separate enrollment for ATM and debit card use.
Early PayDay Direct deposit enrollment required for US Eagle Early PayDay. Once enrolled, member may receive payroll deposits up to two days prior to their scheduled payroll date. There is no additional fee for this service.
24/7 Online, Mobile Banking & Zelle® Services Your wireless service provider may charge data fees. U.S. checking or savings account required to use Zelle®. Transactions between enrolled users typically occur in minutes and generally do not incur transaction fees. In order to send payment requests or split payment requests to a U.S. mobile number, the mobile number must already be enrolled with Zelle®. Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
Surcharge Free ATMs Must use one of over 30,000 ATMs in CUAnytime® Network to avoid surcharge fees. Surcharge fees may be charged by other financial services provider networks and independently held ATMs.
Coverages Vary by checking account type and are subject to terms and conditions. See Guide to Benefits. Mobile phone protection, personal identity theft benefit, buyer's protection and insurance products are not a deposit, not federally insured, not an obligation or guaranteed by US Eagle, its affiliates, or any government agency. Up to $80 in covered service charges for roadside assistance per event, unlimited use.
*ATM transactions do not qualify for cashback, only signature-based purchase transactions (learn more at useagle.org/cashback). Eligibility is restricted to individuals who have a statement address within the 50 United States, the District of Columbia or any U.S. Possession or Territory. All cashback options automatically default to an annual deposit before end of current, or first day of following, year into member share account. Cashback also available for on-demand redemption by visiting and registering at EagleCashBack.org. Minimum cashback redemption amount of $15 required. Monthly fees for Perks checking accounts: $6 for Perks and $9 for Perks Plus. Perks Plus fee waived by maintaining a minimum monthly average account balance of $5,000. $25 minimum opening deposit required for checking. Must qualify for US Eagle membership to open account including $5 share deposit. US Eagle METAL Credit Card subject to credit approval. Must register card(s) at EagleCashBack.org to initiate cashback. Visa, Tap-To-Go and Zero Liability are trademarks of Visa, Inc. METAL is under trademark of US Eagle Federal Credit Union. See US Eagle for complete details.