Can we be your cool, hip grandma? If not, we’ll gladly settle for second. We were born (founded) in 1935, making U.S. the oldest credit union in New Mexico. Since day one, we’ve been providing our members with more options to earn, save, invest, and protect, so they can do what matters most: live better.
Reasons to Choose U.S. Eagle
We have a dozen reasons to join U.S. Eagle, and we’re pretty darn proud of each one. Come in to any of our branches and talk to us. We believe once you get to know us, and see how we can save you money, you’ll want to be a part of this credit union too.
Here’s our dozen reasons:
- We’re the oldest credit union in New Mexico, so we’ve been around for a while! We live here too, and we are committed to our communities and are passionate about providing thousands of employee volunteer hours and financial support for local charitable organizations.
- Our best-in-class technology. Yes, we have great online banking, but we also have a pretty sweet mobile app that allows you to deposit checks, securely log in with your finger print, and even turn your debit card on or off – we call that CardHero®, because it’s super!
- We’re a credit union aka a financial co-operative, not a bank. We work for our members, not shareholders looking for a profit each quarter. For real numbers on what that means, check out the CUNA Benefits of Membership Report about U.S. Eagle.
- Our convenience. Branches open a half-hour earlier, and stay open a half-hour later than most other financial institutions, and some are open for the full day on Saturday, including our call center. Of course, online and mobile banking are open whenever you need them, 24/7. And yes, that means you can tap your mobile app and access your account after a late night of Netflix binge-watching.
- We reward our loyal members with lower rates on loans, higher dividends on deposits (score!) - we call this MemPerx.
- We pay you! That’s right, when you use your U.S. Eagle debit card, you can earn cash back on your purchases (double score!).
- Speaking of debit cards, we know everyone likes to wear theirs’ out, so we’ll replace a worn-out card for FREE!
- We know you’re human, and sometimes humans make mistakes. That’s why we forgive your first overdraft (non-sufficient fund). Who else do you know who does that (besides your cool, hip grandma)?
- Free access to over 30,000 CU Anytime ATMs across U.S. and Canada.
- We provide free financial advice for our members.
- We work hard to protect your information, prevent fraudulent activity, and alert you of any unusual activity. And we keep you informed with news and tips to help everyone in the fight against fraud.
- Our mission is to improve the financial well-being of each member, and to help each member reach their financial goals.
- We are Safe and Sound: Your deposits are federally insured for up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Association. And, since 1935, U.S. Eagle has maintained a perfect record of positive earnings, and we hold a 5-Star rating for financial strength from Bauer Financial. View our most recent Annual Report. That’s peace of mind that we all need.
Okay, so it’s a Baker’s Dozen. Sorry, but we couldn’t help ourselves.